In the December 2020 episode of Agency Office Hours, we discuss agency strategy, business development, and more.
- LEADERSHIP: Can an agency grow if the owner keeps doing client strategy? (starting at 2:30)
- AGENCY ROLES: What team roles should change as we grow? (starting at 6:24)
- CLIENT BUDGETS: What should we budget for PM & client communications? (starting at 16:27)
- PM OUTSOURCING: Should agencies hire a freelance PM? (starting at 20:29)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: What should we say when prospects ask, “What do I get for that price?” (starting at 34:34)
- MANAGING EXPECTATIONS: What should we do if clients blame us for their own mistakes? (starting at 40:10)
- CYBERSECURITY: Do we need special insurance in case we get hacked? (starting at 51:17)
Top resources from the live event:
- Be intentional about your services, via Karl’s “Think-Teach-Do” agency services model.
- How to delegate being the day-to-day contact (while you still handle high-level client strategy).
- Charge more via value-anchoring… and sidestep some of the laundry-list sales conversation.
- Insurance options to consider.
- Enabling 2-step verification for Google Ads.