Get agency advice about how to prepare for a recession, delegate clients to your team, promote employees from within, ensure you are pricing right, and more in the June 2022 episode of Agency Office Hours with Karl Sakas. Click the link below to “jump” directly to the Q&A segment:
1. PRICING: “How do we ensure we’re not under-pricing our work?” [starting at 4:49]
2. CUSTOM WORK: “How can we accurately calculate prices for customized work?” [starting at 6:20]
3. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: “What should be our sales proposal ‘win’ rate?” [starting at 11:40]
4. OWNER DELEGATION: “How can owners get out of doing day-to-day client work?” [starting at 17:51]
5. INTERNAL PROMOTIONS: “When should we hire externally versus promote from within?” [starting at 22:56]
6. RECESSION PREP: “What should we do now to prepare, if there’s a recession?” [starting at 25:06]
7. TEAM SELF-SUFFICIENCY: “How can we train new team members to be independent as quickly as possible?” [starting at 35:58]
8. CLIENT DELEGATION: “Should the Account Manager be the only person to answer client questions?” [starting at 46:48]
Top resources from the live event:
1. Look for potential “profit leaks” in delivery and beyond:
2. Do they have Desire, Competence, AND Capacity?
3. See Karl’s tips on recession-prep
4. Help employees onboard faster: Create a new-hire ramp-up plan!
5. Multiple roles: Tired of juggling 2-3 roles at your agency?