Get agency advice about client delegation, industry niche specialization, SOP documentation, freelancer management, and more—in the May 2022 episode of Agency Office Hours with Karl Sakas. Click the link below to “jump” directly to the Q&A segment:
- AGENCY ROLES: “How should we divide work between people at the agency?” [starting at 4:04]
- CLIENT DELEGATION: “How can agency owners stop doing day-to-day account management?” [starting at 5:07]
- MULTI-TASKING: “Should we have someone who does AM and PM at the same time?” [starting at 10:32]
- SOPs: “How do we document enough—but not too much—in our Standard Operating Procedures?” [starting at 17:53]
- TRAINING: “Why should we include the ‘why’ behind tasks we delegate to the team?” [starting at 23:59]
- PLANNING AHEAD: “How do we create time to plan more than a quarter or a year into the future?” [starting at 28:46]
- NICHING-DOWN: “What should we do if a key client doesn’t want us working with their competitors?” [starting at 40:25]
- CONFIDENTIALITY: “How do we communicate with client confidentiality?” [starting at 47:06]
- FREELANCE SCHEDULING: “What should we tell freelancers about when we’ll need them in the future?” [starting at 50:46]
Top resources from live event:
- Make sure AMs are competent before you hand them your best clients; a ramp-up plan can help.
- Agency optimization shortcut: Understand the six Agency Roles.
- Get instant access to the Agency PM 101 course. You (or your employees) can complete it in 2-4 hours, at your own pace.
- Why to specialize.
- Here are 5 tips to get more from your freelancer relationships.