This is one of my favorite videos on YouTube—if you run a digital marketing agency, it’ll make you laugh… and cry.
Open the 2:20 client service video directly on YouTube
My favorite lines for marketing agency owners
The video by Scofield Editorial is packed with juicy quotes, but as a consultant and coach, these are my favorite lines:
- Going out to eat: “Quick question about the final total. Um, you see, we didn’t budget for this.”
- Getting a haircut: “No, I don’t want you to… work for free. It’s just a test, to see if my husband likes it.”
- Buying a video: “I’ve checked the discount bin, but I want this one.”
- Getting a haircut: “Well, I can cover your hard costs, but that’s really as far as I can go.”
- Going out to eat: “We’ll pay it this time, but we need you to show us how you made it so we can do it on our own in-house from now on.”
Share your experience doing client service
At your agency, I’m sure you’ve heard plenty of things like this, too. If you’re struggling with how to respond to crazy requests, see my article on how to say “no” to clients without burning bridges or check out my business coaching services for digital marketing agency owners.
Question: What’s the craziest comment you’ve heard from a client?