If you’re a marketing-oriented Executive Assistant (EA) who balances high attention to detail with a high sense of urgency, this might be your ideal role! This is a 100% remote, full-time W-2 job. UPDATE: We filled this role in September 2021.
The position is 50% marketing (especially marketing automation), 10% sales support, and 40% admin support. Our ideal match has prior experience in marketing and as an Executive Assistant. If your prior experience is as an EA, you’ve demonstrated interest in marketing.
Want to join a small company where your work and your opinions are valued?
- Are you a self-starting, detail-oriented, tech-savvy person who’s passionate about digital marketing, sales support and admin support… and who wants to work directly with the owner of the company?
- Do your friends make fun of how organized you are? Do you enjoy writing, editing, and finding typos that that other people miss? Do you love creating high-value events?
- Do you enjoy learning how businesses work, and helping business leaders solve problems? Are you a strong multitasker? Do you love finding new shortcuts in G Suite, WordPress, and Zapier?
Then consider this full-time W-2 employee role at Sakas & Company! Founded in 2013, we’re a boutique advisory firm for digital agencies, with a focus on high-touch client service and a commitment to high-value content marketing.
>> UPDATE: This role is filled as of September 2021 <<
What You’ll Experience
You’ll expand your behind-the-scenes understanding of what’s involved in running a small business while gaining experience in business operations, sales, marketing, event planning, and project management.
In addition to talking with the owner almost every day, we’ll also do weekly structured One-on-One (O3) meetings that include time dedicated to your professional development. And we reimburse your profdev expenses.
We’ve outlined a ramp-up plan (what we expect at 1 week, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months), and we’ll share that early in the interviewing process.
What You’ll Be Doing
The marketing-oriented Executive Assistant (EA) role is capped at 40 hours a week… but it’ll be a rigorous 40 hours.
As a small company, there’s a lot of variety—but also a range of recurring tasks that you can predict each day, week, and month. In a typical week, you might:
- Create and maintain campaigns for social media and email marketing
- Edit and proofread blog posts, emails, and documents
- Create landing pages and automation nurtures to support new events
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, and update calendars to keep the company owner on track
- Update projects, timelines, and monthly marketing metrics
- Qualify inbound sales inquiries, research prospects, and engage in sales follow-ups via email
- Support owner (President) during and after meetings and client calls
- Help produce and monitor live [virtual] events in Zoom meetings and webinars
- Provide community moderation and engagement on Slack
- Contribute insight and ideas for projects, client engagements, processes, and more
Are You in the 5%?
This remote Executive Assistant job is wrong for perhaps 95% of people. Indeed, that 95% would hate it.
Why? Because you’ll need to balance high urgency and high attention to detail, and take initiative more than your past bosses wanted you to do. You’ll also do a range of things, far more than if you were at a large faceless corporation. You can’t hide in your cubicle, because we want your insights on how to make things better. Also, there is no cubicle.
Yet if you’re in that 5%, this might be the best job of your career—because you’re making an impact, and you’re seeing that impact every single day.
What to Expect
Do you have 80% of what’s on the list? Please apply! A strong candidate will have prior marketing coordination, sales support, and executive assisting experience. Prior agency experience is a strong plus, but not required.
- The role is 70-80% execution, 20-30% ideation. You’ll see the positive impact of your work every day.
- The schedule is relatively flexible; daily and weekly assignments are managed through Trello, plus quick-turnaround requests via GChat.
- We’ve been working 90-100% remotely since 2013. We’re betting on a remote-first, remote-only future.
- A majority of our clients are in the U.S., but our clients are worldwide—in 36 countries so far.
- Reliable high-speed internet access computer is a must-have, as is fluency in English and availability for scheduled [virtual] meetings and “ad hoc” calls, between 9am-6pm ET (M-F).
What We Do
We help owners and other leaders at digital marketing agencies make better business decisions—through consulting, coaching, and training.
Clients worldwide report that we’ve helped them grow their agency while reducing their hours and stress, helping them build a more sustainable business to support their family, their employees, and their community.
Founder and President Karl Sakas shares one-on-one and one-to-many advice, as a thought leader within the agency industry. Here are Case Studies about results we help clients achieve.
Want to Apply?
If you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you. We are most decidedly an equal opportunity employer: we want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, veteran status, age, or sexual orientation.
Here’s an overview of the process; with our commitment to continuous improvement, this will evolve over time:
Apply here(via the JazzHR applicant tracking system). Be ready to upload your resume and share a customized cover letter. NOTE: You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., and vaccinated for COVID-19.
- You’ll get a confirmation email.
- If things seem promising, we’ll send you a link to an in-depth FAQ about the role (including company values and the role’s ramp-up plan), and a link to a follow-up questionnaire.
- If you decide (from the FAQ) that you want to continue, complete the follow-up questionnaire.
- Our team will review applications, and reach out on a rolling basis, likely within 1-2 weeks.
- You’ll do a video interview with Diane, our VP.
- You’ll do a video interview with Kat, your predecessor. She’ll focus on questions around marketing and technical experience, to help us understand how we’d customize the ramp-up plan.
- You’ll do a paid exercise ($150) that simulates aspects of the role.
- You’ll do a Zoom interview with Karl, the owner. This is an opportunity to answer your questions, and for us to see if there’s a mutual personality match.
- We’ll check references—preferably people who’ve managed you.
- We’ll make an offer and finalize details. If we need to register as an employer in your state (we’re currently registered in North Carolina and New York), our CPA will start that paperwork, and we’ll agree on a start date.
- You’ll join the team!
To get started, please complete the application here. Thanks! UPDATE: This role is filled as of September 2021.