“Take immense pain in selecting your clients.” –David Ogilvy
Think for a moment about your agency’s favorite client—the one who always pays on time and takes your team’s advice. Now think about your worst client. What’s the difference?
If you’re like most agency owners, your favorite clients just seem to understand the rules… and your worst clients always think they’re the “special snowflake.”
Life’s easier when your clients are happy… and when the projects you do for them are profitable for your agency. Accomplishing that is simple—but it’s not easy.
In the last few years, I’ve helped agencies:
- Identify $2 million in growth opportunities from existing client base, for a single agency
- Create an account management “playbook” to train teams and boost client retention
- Find solutions to get paid for cost overruns
- Navigate unhappy client situations
Want my help, too?
Let’s talk—I offer a free, confidential, no obligation Q&A call to see if we’re a match.
How does this work?
It starts when you fill out the contact form below. My colleague Diane or I will get back to you within two business days.
If things sound like a match, you’ll get my pre-intake survey and we’ll schedule a free 45-minute exploratory call. I’ll have some followup questions, and I’ll answer your questions about approach.
If things are a fit, I’ll recommend the right approach. And if we’re not a fit, I’ll point you elsewhere.
Am I a typical client?
My clients have spanned 300+ agencies on six continents. Here are common factors:
- You’ve been growing fast—between 30% and 200% annually—and are hitting growing pains. You wish you could make yourself “needed, but not necessary.”
- You’re facing a big decision about your agency’s future. You want a plan or roadmap to get there faster, instead of learning the hard way.
- Your agency has 20-100 employees, with 1-3 owners. (My clients have ranged from startup agencies to holding company agencies.)
- You’ve budgeted at least US$25,000 for comprehensive help over the coming year.
Sound like you? Sounds painful—request that free Q&A call ASAP!
What does it cost?
Considering we’re solving six-figure and million-dollar problems, most clients typically invest at least US$25,000 annually. Engagements fall into two categories:
- Agency Roadmap strategy project: $15,000 to $35,000 plus travel (2-4 months)
- Executive Coaching: $3,500 per month (6-12 months)
Most clients pay via credit card. I also accept PayPal, ACH eChecks, and U.S. checks. There’s a deposit and then ongoing installment payments.
Will Karl come to my office?
All of my coaching and most of my consulting work is remote. During larger Agency Roadmap projects, an on-site visit may make sense, especially when you have a large team in one location. If that’s the case, I’ll include that as an option as we scope your project.
More questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
LATEST BLOG POST for MANAGING CLIENTS
Clients don’t trust your agency’s junior team? See 10 reasons why… and how to build client trust when your people are inexperienced.read more
More than that though he’s become our “agency therapist”—we talk through our internal & client problems/issues with him, and he holds us accountable to actually following through on what we say we’ll do (and sometimes even drafts the tough emails for us).
He’s become an extended member of the Eighty-Eight team. I would recommend Karl to any agency owner who’s looking for an unbiased, expert third-party view on their agency.
To start the conversation, please complete this form. You’ll hear back within 2 business days, with a few date/time options to schedule an exploratory call.
Don’t like forms? Email, or call me at +1-919-410-6224. Thanks!