In the November 2020 episode of Agency Office Hours, we discuss account management, team training, leadership, and more.
Click to jump to specific segments:
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT, including setting boundaries with clients and delegating support requests (2:37)
- EXPECTATIONS MANAGEMENT, including why not to tell clients something is “easy”… and what to say instead (14:02)
- TRAINING YOUR TEAM, including how to ensure it doesn’t take over their manager’s schedule (14:44)
- EMPLOYEE ONBOARDING, including why to create a new-hire ramp-up plan (21:42)
- LEADERSHIP, including how to help agency CEOs stop getting in their own way (31:40)
- PRODUCTIVITY, including why you need Desire, Competence, AND Capacity (42:31)
- CLIENT STRATEGY, including client executives who don’t listen to your agency’s advice (43:21)
Top resources from the live event:
- Decide which clients to grow vs. fire with my free “client rankings matrix” template.
- Need to fire a client? Here’s how.
- Get clear on their new-hire ramp-up plan (and you can use this for current employees, too).
- Check out the Bureau of Digital for great agency training, including events for owners, PMs, operations leaders, and more.
- Get clear on “Swim Lanes” (who’s in charge of what… and who’s NOT in charge).