Get agency advice on agency culture, employee retention, time management, and more in the June 2021 episode of Agency Office Hours with Karl Sakas. Click below to “jump” to a specific segment:
- AGENCY CULTURE: How do we create a strong culture when our team includes contractors? [starting at 1:57]
- HIRING: Should we hire full-time or hire a freelancer? [starting at 11:37]
- TIME MANAGEMENT: How can we hire a virtual assistant (VA) for admin help? [starting at 17:08]
- PRIORITIZATION: How should agency owners value their own time? [starting at 19:19]
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT: When we’re planning a corporate initiative, how can we improve our odds of success? [starting at 23:19]
- EMPLOYEE RETENTION: What should we do if employees are getting poached by larger companies? [starting at 28:23]
- FREELANCER MANAGEMENT: What’s different about managing part-time contractors? [starting at 35:25]
- TRANSITIONS: What should we do if current employees want to become full-time freelancers? [starting at 36:37]
- EFFICIENCY: How can we ensure we’re using software to achieve higher productivity? [starting at 39:47]
- SOFTWARE: How can we switch to new agency software more smoothly? [starting at 47:24]
Top resources from the live event:
- Consider prioritizing Warmth & Competence in your agency culture.
- Want to track just one KPI? Start with “Rev/FTE” (aka per-capita billables).
- See Karl’s 15 predictions about longer-term impacts around remote work.
- If you’re thinking of switching tools, think twice… and then be systematic in your selection process.
- Want to turn your strategy into an implementation plan? Here’s Karl’s 10-step process.