In the September 2020 episode of Agency Office Hours, we discuss agency pricing, squirrelly clients, team accountability, and more!
Click to jump to specific segments:
- PRICING, including best practices in pricing, pricing automation, pricing models, custom vs. productized services, scoping, and paid discovery (0:43)
- RETAINERS, including how to persuade project-based clients to sign a retainer, using “Reason-Options-Choose” to negotiate with clients (16:49)
- ACCOUNTABILITY, including how to ensure you’re running a meritocracy, the power of precedents, Ray Dalio, software QA, KPIs to use, and the power of having a strong mission (24:51)
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT, including how to handle clients that are distracted or otherwise indecisive (42:25)
Top resources from live event:
- Not ready for value-based pricing? That’s OK; try “value anchoring” in the meantime.
- Pricing philosophy? Here’s a summary of what I think about there.
- Retainer pros and cons.
- Most employees exhibit from an “employee mindset” (instead of your “owner mindset”).
- Client-side content delays might not be 100% your fault… but you can take steps to keep it from becoming a problem.