In the January 2021 episode of Agency Office Hours, we discuss time management, business development, account management, team structure, and more.
- TIME MANAGEMENT: What should you do when your time feels maxed-out as an agency leader? [starting at 2:19]
- LEAD-GEN: When you’ve grown via referral, how do you find higher-paying clients? [starting at 11:13]
- CLIENT EXCLUSIVITY: What should we do when a client doesn’t want us working with ANYONE in their industry, even if they’re not a direct competitor? [starting at 30:38]
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: How should an agency structure the sales team, including roles and team size? [starting at 54:22]
Top resources from the live event:
- Read about Karl’s “Day-to-Day Involvement Meter”—including finding your current stage (Mandatory, Necessary, Needed, or Optional), and tips on how to improve your stage(s).
- Consider if you’re an Optimizer (weighing the ROI of your time) or a Maximizer (always chasing “more”).
- Here are dozens of ways to find sales leads.
- Think strategically about *agency* satisfaction, not just *client* satisfaction. (Four stages: Powerless, Overwhelmed, Confident, Valued.)
- Be strategic about sales hiring, including when to “unbundle” the role: Prospecting, Qualifying, Consulting, Scoping, Proposing, Closing, Onboarding, Supporting, and Managing.