In the February 2021 episode of Agency Office Hours with Karl Sakas, we discuss hiring, sales qualification, agency positioning, paid discovery, and more. Click below to “jump” to a specific segment:
- ROLES: Which role(s) should my agency hire next? [starting at 1:46]
- HIRING: How can we find our ideal next hire? [starting at 9:08]
- POSITIONING: Should an agency be a generalist or a specialist? [starting at 13:53]
- ACCOUNTABILITY: How can we use S.M.A.R.T. goals to delegate better? [starting at 28:41]
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: How can we ‘vet’ sales leads without being obnoxious? [starting at 32:00]
- SALES QUALIFICATION: What can we ask prospects instead of ‘how much is your budget’? [starting at 39:27]
- PRICING: What’s the difference between Cost vs. Price vs. Value? [starting at 43:40]
- VALUE-ANCHORING: What if you can’t ‘guarantee’ specific results? [starting at 50:07]
- CHARGING MORE: What drives when clients will pay more for a low-odds win? [starting at 53:09]
- PAID DISCOVERY: How should we charge for Paid Discovery? [starting at 54:20]
Top resources from the live event:
- Doing a “Paid Discovery” engagement can help you get started faster… without making common mistakes.
- Here’s how to think about job titles.
- Here’s an intro to setting S.M.A.R.T. goals (Specific, Measurable, Assignable, Realistic, and Time-Bound) at your agency.
- Consider how you’ll change team structure as you grow.
- Get clear on the six types of agency roles (AM, PM, SME, Strategist, BizDev, and Support), including ones you might delegate-out sooner.