I’m doing a live interview this Wednesday—July 29th—on “This Week in Marketing” with host Mihali Stavlas. You can listen online here (click “Studio A”) from 12-1pm Eastern (9-10am Pacific, 6-7pm CEST).
Update: Listen to the recording here
Mihali will be asking me for my advice on how marketing agencies can switch from being reactive “order-takers” to becoming strategic partners.
I’ll also share advice to help frustrated clients, on how they can get better results from their agencies. This will be a great opportunity to understand your clients’ perspective, so you can better help them now and in the future.
From Reactive Vendor to Strategic Partner: Creating Win-Win Relationships
We’ll be talking about questions like this—from both the client and agency perspective:
- What makes agency-client relationships so reactive?
- What’s different about strategy services compared to implementation?
- What can agencies do up front to help new relationships by more strategic?
- How does being strategic impact how agencies structure their marketing projects and retainers?
- What should clients can do when their agency takes initiative to share a new idea but the client doesn’t like the idea?
- How can clients find agencies who’ll be more proactive and more strategic in the first place?
- How can clients stretch their budget to get strategic results?
- What should a client or agency should do if they’re unhappy with the relationship now?
- How can agencies redefine the relationship so it’s less reactive?
- How can a client get their agency to stop being an order-taker?
- What can agencies and clients can do right now to make things better?
Here’s the recording! For past interviews, check out my Press/Media section.
Question: What’s your #1 question about switching from reactive to proactive agency-client relationships?