Get agency advice on KPIs, time tracking, business models, and more—in the October 2022 episode of Agency Office Hours with Karl Sakas. Click to jump directly to each Q&A segment in the video, and RSVP for our next event!
- Get the latest info about the “Work Less, Earn More” agency growth bootcamp.
- See upcoming future events, submit questions, and RSVP free of charge.
- CLIENT COUNT: “How many clients should our agency have?” [starting at 4:31]
- OPERATIONS: “How do we make time to document our processes and create SOPs, if we’re busy with client work?” [starting at 5:31]
- BUSINESS MODEL: “Should our agency focus on selling ‘high ticket’ productized services, using an automated marketing funnel?” [starting at 15:32]
- PRODUCTIZED SERVICES: “How do we decide whether to offer custom vs. productized services?” [starting at 19:56]
- WORK/LIFE BALANCE: “How can agency owners find better work/life balance?” [starting at 24:00] (via my annual “Work Less, Earn More” agency growth bootcamp)
- KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS: “How should we set individual KPIs for each team member?” [starting at 28:30]
- TIME TRACKING: “How do we ensure we hit our growth goals, without tracking every second of our time?” [starting at 39:56]
- PROFITABLE DELIVERY: “What are the three main ‘levers’ for profitable delivery?” [starting at 41:10]
- SCOPE MANAGEMENT: “What is the difference between ‘secretly free’ and ‘strategically free’ work?” [starting at 48:23]
- NON-BILLABLE TIME: “Do we really need to track non-billable time?” [starting at 50:00]
Top resources from the event:
- Planning takes planning… and faster growth = starting planning earlier than ever before
- Custom vs. Productized services
- Want to improve your work/life balance, while paying yourself more? Learn more about the 90-day “Work Less, Earn More” agency growth bootcamp.
- Understand the six Agency Roles (AM, PM, SME, Client Strategy, BizDev, and Support)
- Do non-billable people really need to track their time? Yes and no.