Most agency owners have 3 things in common:
- They’re creative.
- They love digital marketing.
- And eventually they run into an agency problem they’re not sure how to solve.
The difference between those owners who overcome their problems and those who don’t?
Successful agency owners don’t try and reinvent the wheel—and aren’t afraid to ask for help. Whether you’re considering selling your agency or deciding what position to hire next, it helps to talk to someone who has seen it before and who can share what other agencies have done to help you make the right decision for your business.
I know that running an agency is tough—but I also know it doesn’t have to be so hard. I’m here to help!
As an agency consultant I believe in 5 core values:
- Confidentiality (anything you share is private)
- Context (my advice is always personalized to you)
- Transparency (including not accepting referral fees)
- Sharing (including free resources, like my blog)
- Value (I only work with clients who’ll get big returns from my help)
Jay Baer calls me “the Dr. Phil of agency owners and managers: one part confidante, one part ass kicker.” My clients just love that I help them get results.
That’s because I’ve been working with agency owners since I first learned HTML back in 1997. One of my first web development projects was for a marketing agency that needed a website.
Although I ultimately realized I wasn’t a great designer, I found I loved working with marketing agencies. Agency owners tend to love marketing, design, or development—but running the business side of their agency doesn’t come naturally to them.
As a fourth-generation business owner, I grew up talking about client service and strategic planning. I’ve known the difference between revenue and profit since I was 11.
That lead me to quickly climb the ranks at two agencies, serving as the owner’s right-hand and confidante while leading project management and becoming the head of business operations.
Today I bring 20 years of consulting experience to our work together, including 250+ agencies in 27 countries on 6 continents. I’ve written several books about managing agencies, including The In-Demand Marketing Agency and Made to Lead.
What I can do for you:
- Candid Advice – I’ll tell you what you need to hear, even when it’s not what you want to hear—but I’ll do it diplomatically and help you to understand why it’s important based on your goals for your agency.
- Actionable Insights – I’ll tell you how to do it. After all, advice is only good if you can actually implement it.
- 10X ROI – I’ll help you get results. I only accept projects where I believe I can offer at least 10X in value—so if it’s a $15,000 project, I expect that you’ll see $150,000 in profits as a result of my advice.
When it’s time to make a business decision at your agency, you don’t have to do it alone. I can share what’s worked (and what hasn’t) for other agencies and help you decide what’s best for your business, based entirely on your unique vision for your agency.
And I’ll keep it 100% confidential.